Re: Trying to find my posts from www.faqs.org...

---------

David Alex Lamb (dalamb@qucis.queensu.ca)
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 09:16:37 -0400 (EDT)

I should also mention that Pam has been training some new moderators for
news.answers, including me, and response time for most normal matters is now
just a few days instead of several months. The queue is more or less up to
date as of Monday, and today I'm handling most things submitted since then. A
few "difficult" problems still require negotiations which take a long time,
and the new moderators (or, at least, me) still aren't up on all the
procedures, but that shouldn't affect most FAQ maintainers.

The autoreply daemon still says there is a long wait; I'm waiting to make
sure we can maintain the current speed before I change it.

> From: Pamela Greene <pgreene@optics.rochester.edu>
> Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 08:59:55 -0400 (EDT)

> Jari Aalto wrote:
>
> > I've also going to drop "Announce:" prefix. New subject is:
> >
> > Subject: Procmail tips page pointer
> >

> > But I don't see it in RTFM.
>
> I'm not looking at the moderatio nrecords now, but I know your
> articles have had problems posting properly -- we were getting lots of
> copies of them in the queue for a while. It sounds like you've fixed
> that problem by switching from mail2news. However, the archive script
> looks for particular Subject lines, so if you've changed that your
> files won't be archived. Send a note to the moderation address
> mentioning all the old and new Subject lines (and any important
> changes) and we'll get things sorted out.

[ 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 ]

---------

faq-admin@faqs.org

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved